By Terri LaPoint, Real News Spark
May 12, 2022
Family Rights advocates from many groups all around the nation are heading to Washington, DC, for a rally at the Washington Monument on Saturday, May 21, 2022.
The Family Rights Rally–The Children’s Movement–is sponsored by the Family Forward Project, a national group dedicated to families. According to a press release, the mission of the rally is “to UNIFY all platforms across the nation to make one major statement and demand REFORM. Many people are speaking out and drawing attention to the INJUSTICE through Child Welfare. TIME FOR CHANGE.”
The rally is intended to be informative, providing networking opportunities for families dealing with Child Protective Services and Child Welfare. It is “not just for past injustices, but to lay out clear concise plans to move forward to REFORM, to educate by bringing awareness to the injustices in the Child Welfare System, and to bring awareness to the injustices in Child Welfare (foster care system).”
Organizers want all participants to remember this is a rally, not a protest.
The event will be held at the Washington Monument on the Northeast quadrant from 1 to 6 p.m. on May 21. There will be live music, speakers, and podcasters, “from diverse backgrounds and professions, all extensively experienced with dealing with state CPS and Child Welfare. We are many, and together we will inform and prevail.”
- Ae Devyn Holubar (Parents assisting Parents Network)
- Kimberly Lowe (Nothing is Impossible)
- Laura Ann Thomason (Family Forward Missouri)
- Karen Cook (Family Forward Illinois)
- Connie Reguli (Family Forward Project)
- Kathleen Arthur (Title IV REFORM)
- Frank Hand (Fathers and Families New York)
- Katrina Milburn (Mental Health Advocate)
- Anthony Cibelli (Activist for Transparency, Equal Protection, Accountability)
- Amanda Beyers Parratt (DCFS Undercover)
- Janice Grenadier (JudicalPedia)
- Trea Jackson (former foster child and Author of the book series The Innocent Eyes of a Child)
- Maureen O’Neill Davis (Family Forward Advocacy)
- Heather Carter (Advocate Podcaster)
- Kim Paige (Advocate)
- Brian Godier (Justice for Kids Convoy)
- Terri LaPoint (Medical Kidnapping)
- Jaclyn Cholowa-Perkins (Our Journey Towards Justice)
- Lisa Vincent Esq. (Family Attorney)
- Brian Lee (Veterans-Nancy Schafer)
- and many more.
The Family Rights Rally organizers issue this proclamation:
On this day, May 21st, 2022, We stand together: Children alienated by court orders, children missing and separated from their parents, children requiring high-need mental health care, children abused/neglected in foster care, children traumatized by the actions of court systems, displaced youth being trafficked, and grandparents’ rights to care for their grandchildren.
For more information, go to the Family Rights Rally at the Washington Monument, Washington, D.C. event page on Facebook.