UPDATE: The marathon is over, but you can still watch by clicking the link below.
Northwest Liberty News is hosting a 12-hour broadcast marathon Saturday, July 13, 2019, with the theme: “Dark to Light: Shining a Light on Child Protective Services.” Investigative journalist Terri LaPoint of Real News Spark will join an extensive line-up of guests who have been involved in exposing the injustice within the Child Protective system.
The marathon hosted by Jim White airs live on YouTube from 11 am to 11 pm Eastern time, 10 am to 10 pm Central time, 9 am to 9 pm Mountain time, and 8 am to 8 pm Pacific.
Guests throughout the day include:
- Montana State Representative Rodney Garcia, who has proposed a $1,000 per day fine and jail time for social workers who take children from their homes needlessly and without court orders. (See story here.)
- PJ Media Journalist Megan Fox, who has covered several stories of families whose children were unjustly seized by CPS.
- Cynthia Abcug, a mother who has not seen her disabled son in almost two months since he was seized by CPS in Colorado, based on “deceptive means” according to PJ Media. (See her story here.)
- Raymond Schwab, Navy veteran and father of six children, five of whom were taken by Kansas Child Protective Services. After a long and difficult battle, including a hunger strike on the steps of the Kansas State House, his children were eventually returned. His story was extensively covered by Terri LaPoint at MedicalKidnap.com. (See link.)
- Lisa Bellanger, Boston area attorney whose father was medically kidnapped through the guardianship system. Bellanger fought not only for her father, but for several other senior citizens near Boston. It is not only children who are at risk from “Protective Services.”
- and many more!
Real News Spark’s Terri LaPoint will be interviewed at 2 pm Mountain time – 4 pm Eastern, 3 pm Central, 1 pm Pacific time.